The New Mangalore Port Trust (NMPT) is a major port of Karnataka established in 1975. The port has been functioning as a catalyst for the economic development of this region and caters to the needs of the shippers. NMPT is one of the deepest inner harbors on the west coast and is ideal for handling project cargo for mega industries. Over the years, the Port has grown from the level of handling less than 1 Lakh tons of cargo to 36 million tons handled during 2007-08. The major commodities exported through the Port are Iron Ore Concentrates & Pellets, Iron Ore Fines, POL Products, granite stones and containerized cargo. The major imports of the Port are Crude and POL products, LPG, wood pulp, timber logs, finished fertilizers, liquid ammonia, phosphoric acid, other liquid chemicals and containerized cargo. The Port provides facilities to face the growing challenges and emerging needs of the 21st century. The Port is well equipped to handle bulk, liquid chemicals, hazardous cargoes, crude and POL products, heavy lifts, machinery and containers.
- An ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004 - ISPS Compliant Port
- Deepest inner harbour on the west coast
- Topper in handling LPG in Indian Major Ports(1.91 million tonnes In 2010-11
- Instant access to Southern, South-Western and Konkan Railways
- Instant access to 3 National Highways
- Highest Productivity among Major Ports of India
- Mangalore - The Cruise Destination
Dedicated Corridor from port to plant Click Here>>
A dedicated pipeline-cum-road corridor bridges the short 8 km distance between New Mangalore International Port with the Mangalore SEZ.
This ensures that material is moved in minutes between the Port & SEZ units.